Robert G. Thornburgh, SIOR, CCIM, FRICS Optimist, real estate executive, investor and interested in all things #CRE.
Robert is the CEO of SIOR Global, consisting of over 3,600 members across 722 cities and 45 countries. In his role, he is directly involved with leading the organization’s overall growth, strategic vision, and culture.
His highly successful and respected career stems from over 25 years of faithful service to the industry, his clients and community. His breadth and depth of experience in commercial real estate are the direct result of his focus on integrity and a transformational, service-oriented style of leadership.
He has been consistently recognized across the commercial real estate industry for his emphasis on innovation and passion to help others achieve their goals. In both 2020 and 2022 he was honored as a “Best Boss in the Industry” by ALM Media.
Robert began building an early foundation for a career path in real estate working with the Kyro Corporation and later, R3 Investment Group in the 1990’s – an investment company he still owns to this day.
During much of his professional career, he served as the CEO at Heger Industrial, a prominent regional real estate firm with a 60-year legacy in the Southern California market. In 2017, the company merged with Kidder Mathews. As part of the merger, Robert joined the company’s executive leadership team as Regional President of Brokerage where he helped to expand the firm’s presence across the West Coast.
He proudly holds 4 of the most respected designations within the commercial real estate industry – SIOR, CCIM, CPM, and FRICS. This is a distinction that less than 1 percent of all global commercial real estate practitioners maintain.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA) with an emphasis in Finance from Pepperdine University, a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from San Diego State University, and a Bachelor of Science in Biblical Studies from Cottonwood School of Ministry.
- CEO, Heger Industrial
- Regional President, Kidder Mathews
- Global President, Society of Industrial & Office Realtors (2019)
- Recognized 2020 & 2022 “Best Boss” in Commercial Real Estate by ALM Media
- Past Regional Director, SIOR Global West Region
- Past President, SIOR Los Angeles Chapter
- Past President & Chairman, Los Angeles Transportation Club (LATC)
- Broker of the Year (Heger Industrial multiple year recipient)
- Circle of Excellence Honoree (Heger Industrial multiple year recipient)
- Roy C. Seeley Perpetual Award
- National 40 under 40 Honoree, Real Estate Forum
- CCIM Star Recipient